Files are usually in the Documents folder, but Windows can lose the association between a non Microsoft application such as LibreOffice and its files, and make it impossible to open them with the usual approach.

Please check the following solution: (1) right-click on any LibreOffice file, (2) select Open With, (3) left-click on Select other Application, (4) click on the LibreOffice (Writer, Calc, Impress) icon, (5) tick the Always Use Selected Application to open the file, (6) and press OK.

If this doesn't solve the issue, then Windows 10 has screwed up the association in the Windows Registry, and the solution is not trivial at all, as the Windows Registry should be managed by someone who is expert in this area to avoid screwing up the entire Windows 10 installation.

In this case the best option is to uninstall and reinstall LibreOffice from scratch, as this process may reset file associations. Please check that file associations are properly set during the installation, by flagging all checkboxes in the appropriate dialog window.

Best regards.