class="gmail_quote">On Jul 9, 2023 12:27 PM, Thomas Cameron &lt;thomas.cameron@camerontech.com&gt;
wrote:<br type="attribution" /><blockquote class="quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px
#ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><p dir="ltr">Howdy, all!&#13;<br>
&#13;<br>
I am starting a new job Monday, and I'm moving from Fedora Linux 38 on &#13;<br>
my desktop to RHEL 9.&#13;<br>
&#13;<br>
On Fedora, I just do dnf groupinstall "Office Suite and Productivity" &#13;<br>
and I get the latest and greatest LibreOffice. In RHEL, I would get &#13;<br>
pretty old versions of LibreOffice. I'd like to set up a local repo for &#13;<br>
LibreOffice using the downloaded tar.gz file from &#13;<br>
https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download-libreoffice/. But when I &#13;<br>
uncompressed the archive, I see that the install scripts installs it &#13;<br>
locally in my home directory. I'd rather do a system-wide installation, &#13;<br>
as I often switch users for different tasks.&#13;<br>
&#13;<br>
Is it as simple as using createrepo on the directory and adding it to a &#13;<br>
/etc/yum.repos.d/libreoffice.repo file? Or is there any extra magic I &#13;<br>
need to do?&#13;<br>
&#13;<br>
Thanks!&#13;<br>
Thomas&#13;<br>