No computer access Right now so everything I say is going to be a guess.

If you are looking to cause functions to recalculate, I think that might be a setting not related
to macros. Because you can turn off auto recalculation. Also, you can force a full update. I know
it's on the menu. I don't remember the key strokes but I know it's there something like tools
recalculator something or maybe it's update all I guess

That said, you can associate events to macros. I do believe. I don't do it often, but I believe you
can. So you can set a macro to run when a document opens and maybe that's what you want.

I don't remember offhand how to get to events. You can associate a macro to run when an event
occurs, but I have done it. I designed some macros for a company that wanted things to auto
calculate when they opened a template.

For me, learning macros was easier by simply looking at examples and then modifying them for my own
uses. But you're asking how to cause macros to run based on certain conditions, not how do you
accomplish a specific task.

Best of luck.

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​