My apologies!
This was supposed to be a reply to the list!
Thomas

On 2022/12/01 15:15, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:
On 2022/08/16 2:52, Regina Henschel wrote:
Hi Thomas,

and another try:
In the 'Find' field call the context menu. That is a right click or Context-menu key on the key board. Choose 'Special Character'. The Reverse Solidus is at code point U+5c. That is is group "Basic Latin".
Good afternoon from Japan
I have NOT been working on this problem for some time, but would like to give a little update. * I DID switch to the English interface on one computer and got the "reverse solidus" - but it did not work at all.
(all I got were new problems caused by the English interface)
* I DID update another computer to 7.4.2.3. Trying to use regular expression to find line breaks, tabs etc. does not work. (at least I cannot make it work) * If I use the addon "Alternative Find & Replace for Writer v1.4.2, I can enter \p and the addon finds those line breaks just fine!
- just found that \t actually finds tabs!
* In the regular Find & Replace box I tried to enter a reverse solidus via 'Special Character' = U+5c. That is in my Japanese Windows machine the \
and it does NOT work.
* I do not like Word, that is why I am using LibreOffice, but in my old Word 2007 (kept just in case ...) enter "find = ^p" and "replace = space":
works perfect, no questions asked.

I refuse to believe that having so much troube with LibreOffice is the way it is supposed to be.
And I am still hoping, there is IS a way to make it work.

Thomas