On 31/10/2022 03:55, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
Den sön 30 okt. 2022 kl 02:13 skrev Steve Edmonds <steve.edmonds@ptglobal.com>:

    On 30/10/2022 10:22, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
    > Den lör 29 okt. 2022 kl 22:48 skrev Steve Edmonds <
    > steve.edmonds@ptglobal.com>:

    Find

    >>> I will check to see if present also on Linux and file a bug. I
    could
    >>> not locate an existing bug for this.
    >> On Linux, I do not seem to loose the ctl-F shortcut to the find
    tool bar.

    > The problem is that when you intentionally REMOVE the shortcut
    for Ctrl+f
    > (Tools → Customization) you can't get it back, since Search is
    nowhere to
    > find. If you can find it, please tell us where, so we also can
    find it. I
    > run Linux (exclusively) and I can not find it.

    On my Linux machine (assuming Tools>Customise is the same as
    View>Toolbars>Customise)

It is.

    I can remove the shortcut Ctrl+f or change it
    to something else and then delete it but Ctrl+f still activates
    the find
    tool bar.

I just tested that and it doesn't work. Ctrl+f does nothing efter removing it and reset won't bring it back once I left the Customize dialogue. Fortunately I saved my settings before this test, so I could bring it back by reading it back in.

I'm on Ubuntu Studio 20.04 (Xfce), LibreOffice 7.3.6.2.

Did you set this with ”LibreOffice” or ”Writer” checked in the upper right corner on the customize dialogue? When ”Writer is checked”, Ctrl+f is empty, when ”LibreOffice” is selected, Ctrl+f is linked to Find (or Search or whatever it's called in the English version).

    As though it is hard coded.

Doesn't seem to be on my system, at least.
It is worse than I thought.
As the OP was using Calc, I was testing with Calc set in upper right. On my OpenSUSE 15.4 using SUSE repository version of LO Calc (7.3.6.2) always goes to the Find dialogue with ctl-F unset or reset. However now trying Writer (and LibreOffice in upper right) this is not the case. As you state above removing it and reset won't bring it back. During the process I set ctl-F = "About LibreOffice" and now this persists in writer after removing it or resetting even though Calc is fine. On the upside I have a handy shortcut if I ever want to check my version of LO whilst in Writer

    On my Mac it cannot be restored
    without a reset.
    steve

    >>> Also the fact that cmd-F does not work and cannot be added to
    keyboard
    >>> shortcuts because there is no Find function.

    Edit>Find

    Match case

    >> --

    Problems?