 Hi
Which version of MS XL are you using ?Which operating system - MAC or Windows ?
Did you check the help URL that I had posted
for example in EXCEL 2003, this is what you do

   -

   - Select the cell(s) whose values should be copied.
   - From the Edit menu, select Copy. ...
   - Select the first cell where the results should be pasted.
   - From the Edit menu, select Paste Special... ...
   - Under Paste, select Values.
   - Click OK

do you see a box like this when you click on paste special ? or what do you see?

regards