Hi Harvey,

LO won't be installed without internal HSQLDB. But with that behavior you reported you are using internal Firebird. Will be shown at the bottom of the window in statusbar.

You are using packages from your distribution, not from LO directly. Have tested the same version you are using, only from LO directly:
Version: 7.3.4.2 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 728fec16bd5f605073805c3c9e7c4212a0120dc5
CPU threads: 6; OS: Linux 5.3; UI render: default; VCL: kf5 (cairo+xcb)
Locale: de-DE (de_DE.UTF-8); UI: de-DE
Calc: threaded

If I choose to edit views they will be opened in this version with the query editor.

Regards

Robert
--
Homepage: https://www.familiegrosskopf.de/robert