LO Users Ahoy:

I used LO4 on a Curtains 7 machine for some 10 years, until a hardware problem forced me to a Curtains 10 device.

On this new machine, I have LO 7.1.7.2 (x64).

As you can tell, my needs are relatively elemental, as LO4 served me well all those years. The number of regressions reported on this site damps down any possible lust for unnecessary upgrades.

Now that I have been forced upwards, I have hit a brick wall, and this is one of several reasons why I am reluctant to install "upgrades" as they are offered.

I have the same two printers that I have used for years: a Brother HL-6180-DW, and an Epson XP-630. The Brother continues to work, offering me some 20+ paper formats in its dialogue.

The Epson, however, which I need for colour printing, shows only 5 paper choices: 2 sheet sizes, 2 index cards, and a "Japanese Postcard" at 3.93 x 5.83 inches. That last is interesting, and I have no idea where it came from (or why), but I can ignore it.

I am obviously missing many formats, some useful, some not, but in particular there are no envelopes offered. My immediate need is for the American #10 envelope.

I have several hundreds of files on hand, all formatted for the #10 envelope, but there is no obvious way to select that format for the XP-630.

LO will graciously allow me to print in B/W on the Brother, but not in the required colour on the Epson.

I have spent most of the afternoon plowing through the 7.1 manual, the "help", and various on-line sources, without even finding out how I might generate the #10 anew as a "custom" format. That would be an absurdly redundant effort since this format is well-known, but it also indicates my inability to set up any truly custom format for this machine.

I am also ignorant enough so as to not know whether these formatting instructions are supposedly read off the hardware by the Curtains 10 system, or by LO, or are inherent in LO, or are programmed from an external Epson source, &c.

The answer to my problem ought to be simple enough, but since I can't figure it out, any help/tips would be appreciated.

t.r. jackson / wagtail@comcast.net