Hi Uwe
I am Linux Mint 20.2 and always make manual installation of LibO
following the installation procedure given by LibO.
This gives an installation for each LibO x.y version. Any x.y.z
installations will overwrite the x.y.z-1 version. Once you did this
installation a few times, it is done in a few minutes. It keeps all
settings of the previous versions.
Thus, when I now install 7.2, I will have 4 versions. The original LibO
version which came with my Linux Mint 20.2 installation LibO 6.4.x,
LibO 7.0, LibO 7.1, and LibO 7.2. I will than uninstall the 7.0 version
but keep the 6.4 version for safety reasons. I like this feature of
LibO und Linux Mint and it should be the same for Ubuntu.
Good luck !