Greetings,
You can insert a document word count in your document by inserting it
as a field: Insert > Field > More fields..., then select Statistics
from the Document tab. Select Words with an Arabic (1 2 3) format, then
press Insert. However, I do not know if it is possible to automatically
move this information to a worksheet. I tried with Sheet > Link to
External Data in Calc, but even though I placed the information in a
table in my Writer document, I could not link the two. The only option
I can think of right now is the trusted copy/paste.
I hope this helps,
Rémy.