Hi Robert,

Thank you!  Your hint worked, except 'refresh' had no effect, But the 2nd
option on the arrow-circle button on the toolbar 'rebuild' did the job. I
suspect thats because I had edited the source spreadsheet while Base was
not open and added an empty first row to make it an index or key field
attempting to follow some only-slightly-related youtube videos.

But for anyone else following, here's the slightly amended suggestion:
1. Open the Base file used by the Writer merge file
2. (With Base still open, but not as an action from within Base, just using
a file manager) Open the source Calc file, Make your edits and save.
3. With Base still open, open the table related to the merge, and on the
toolbar select "rebuild".
4. Save the Base file.
4A. Close all LibreOffice files. (**)
5. Open the Writer merge file, and your changes should be present.

(**) --- I use a Linux OS ... I've found that this close all office files
step is required in Linux, but not always in Windows. Or more specifically,
I find that when I follow youtube videos about LibreOffice made from
Windows, including 'close all Libreoffice' as a step after making updates
elsewhere seems to make stuff work that just doesn't work for me like it
does in the video.

On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 11:08 AM Robert Großkopf <robert@familiegrosskopf.de>