El mar, 18-05-2021 a las 12:39 -0500, Daffy Duck escribió:
Hello,

Languagetool seems to be the only current extension for grammar, so I
have it installed and I'm using it, but version 5.3 is causing
librewriter to crash constantly.

libreoffice-7.1.3.2-1.fc34.x86_64

any ideas?

Two likely culprits: the extension or your profile. While it may only
be my perception, recent LO updates have forced more to redo my profile
to avoid crashes and other problems.

If you are sure it is the extension, you could try installing an
earlier version. I have not had LO crashes with 5.2 on Mageia 8/9.

Otherwise, check the issues and open a new one if needed:

https://github.com/languagetool-org/languagetool/issues

LT has been very badly behaved of late. The dev changed the versioning
effectively blocking updates at some point between 4 and 5, and you can
see that there have been a rapid series of bug-fix releases. There are
currently over 1,200 issues open (about half the total reports),
although many are language specific.

I have just updated to 5.3 on Mageia 9 (Cauldron) and it (not LO)
crashed with a Java error. The extension's homepage has a review
at/near the top complaining about just such crashes
(https://languagetool.org/).

Best,
Roy