I would only add that, after changing the font in the styles, you may also have to clear any direct formatting that you may have previously applied on a given slide or slides. Highlight the text on the slide and click on "Format > Clear Direct Formatting". This will then apply the style-controlled font to the selected text. *Caution:* It will also eliminate any other specific formatting that you had previously applied, such as boldface, italics, color, etc. It will get you back to the original font of the style used in the master slide for the presentation.

But, based on my earlier experimentation, I don't think just changing the font will fix your problem. I created a slide presentation using Metropolis as you describe and converted it to PDF and sent it to both my Android phone and Apple iPad. On the Android, the PDF everything displayed fine. On the iPad, I got missing text and text cutoff as you described. I then changed the font on the Metropolis theme to a font I knew worked on the iPad in other situations and I got the same results (missing text and text lines cutoff). I'm convinced your problem is with the Metropolis theme itself. If I were you, I would select a different master slide theme and right click on it and then click "apply to all slides" and see if that helps.

Virgil