Greetings Marianne,Things have changed a lot since the version you are
using, and it may be difficult to provide the information you are
looking for. I did a bit of digging, and I managed to find this
document:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/b/bb/CG3403-ChartsAndGraphs.pdf
which comes from this location:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications/3.x
It is for CALC 3.4, but in looking at the release notes (
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes) between that version
and yours, there does not seem to be any changes to the way to manage
graphs in 3.4 and your version (except for a new chart type), so you
should be able to find the information you are looking for.
I hope this helps,Rémy.