Hi Robert

On 2/08/20 6:37 pm, Robert Großkopf wrote:
Hi Zed,

The Table has one field named "Gender" and the gender is indicated by F,
or M or M/F where a family is involved.

What I was trying to achieve was a query which extracted the total
numbers for each gender (e.g. 50, M25, M/F13) between a particular time
period. In this case the period was BETWEEN 01/07/2020 AND 31/07/2020

I have found several web pages which explain the syntax for SQL but, at
my present level of knowledge, they are beyond my understanding :-)

You could show the code here.

Might be something like

SELECT "gender", COUNT("gender") AS "number" FROM "table" WHERE "date"
BETWEEN '2020-07-01' AND '2020-07-31' GROUP BY "gender"

Could also be you will show other content in the same query. Then you
have to create correlated subqueries.

Thank you again for your prompt reply. I'll work through the code you have given me and report back. It may be a little while, though as "real" life is tending to be interfering with what "I" feel is more important :-)

Zed