Hello,

I started Libreoffice in failsafe mode and deactivated OpenGL / OpenCL.
After that Impress starts again to show the gui. But it was still freezing after a while.
Then, I got into Tools -> Options -> Display and deactivated everything in "image rendering" (there
was an OpenGL entry ...).

Now, it looks like impress is working again.

So, maybe something related to display driver was delivered with 2004 which is not really supported
by libreoffice ...

Thanks for the advice !