Den fre 24 apr. 2020 kl 17:17 skrev Luuk <luuk34@gmail.com>:

On 24-4-2020 15:11, M Henri Day wrote:
Den fre 24 apr. 2020 kl 08:22 skrev Luuk <luuk34@gmail.com
<mailto:luuk34@gmail.com>>:

    On 23-4-2020 06:06, Musical Neptunian wrote:
    > I  make Twitch emotes in GIMP. They cannot be more than 25 Mb or
    Twitch
    > rejects them. I found a tutorial somewhere that said that
    Libreoffice has a
    > png compression tool. But when I put my png into LibreOffice I
    got a whole
    > load of symbol junk. So instead I used a free online tool that
    reduced my
    > png from 30 Kb to 7 Kb with no quality change. But could I have
used
    > anything in Libreoffice to do this?

    I would never use LibreOffice for compressing images.

    use any tool found on the internet, like:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19153122/image-compression-tools-via-command-line

Luuk, perhaps you could explain just why you would never use a
LibreOffice too for compressing images. Doesn't the one suggested by
Philip perform satisfactorily ?...

Henri

Just because LibreOffice is not an image-editor. It's about creating
document, or spreadsheets.

Ik will also no use my bicycle to transport loads of goods, that's what
trucks are for.... 😉

I was inquiring about *specific* problems you had encountered with the
image-compression tool in LibreOffice. I regularly transport goods on my
bicycle, if doing so suits my needs.... 😉

Henri