On 4/7/20 8:03 PM, John Sweeney wrote:
I have this version of libre office: Build ID: 1:6.4.2-0ubuntu0.18.04.3

I cannot see the OK button on the print dialgoue because the dialogue is
too big for my screen and there is no scroll bar nor can i change the
dialogue's size. It is very frustrating.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

John Sweeney

I see it has been determined to be a bug and fixed, so this is just an FYI for everyone. And, maybe a developer will read this. :-)

I don't know if this is true of Linux, but Windows and Macs have a magnify function in the OS, so folks like me can enlarge the data on the screen. It's an inconvenient solution for full time use if you use the option that imitates a magnifying glass.

However, one of the options you have is a setting, both OSes, that that creates a "virtual screen" that is larger than your display. Back in the Win 3.x days, some graphics cards had this option, and at least one of them called it a virtual desktop. Using this is like having a 6X6 sized screen, but looking at it through a 3X3 hole. And you slide the 6X6 screen around until the item you are searching for appears in the 3X3 hole.

Today, the ability to change screen resolutions is a far, far better option. I have 2 monitors that are 1920X1200 native resolution. I used to be able to read that setting with no problem. But not any more. :-( The simple solution was to change the screen resolution setting to the next lower resolution that has the same aspect ratio. If the next one down doesn't quite work, go one more. So the resolution displayed by my Mac is 1600X1000, and on Windows 10 it's 1680X1050.

This idea works great, until you start working with a laptop and small screen. If a dialogue box is not designed to work with a smaller resolution, say 800X600, you will have the exact problem you mentioned.

In Windows, this can also happen if you set the magnification from 100% to 125%, for example. I had a client where the magnification was set to 125%, and the dialogue box for a particular program had the buttons off the bottom of the screen. I could force the screen to move using the mouse, but as soon as I let the mouse button go so I could click on a button, the screen snapped back to the original position.

--
Ken
MacOS 10.14.6