Thanks- the"/" works perfectly.

Nothing's easy in this world.

What has been created in the calc sheet is the day number of
        the year which is followed by the "/".  In the cell beside the
        result is the remaining number of days in the year.  Here's an
        example of what I'd like to see for this date (February 10,
        2020)

In this case 325 is the remaining
      number of days in the year 2020 from the date Feb. 10.
The cell in which the formula used to
      obtain the figure of 325 is-

=365-S4+1

"S4" is the cell where the day number
      of the year is located returned by the formula, as mentioned
      below-

=DATEDIF($Begin_Here.$E$76,R4,"d")"
      / "

What happens to the remaining days
      number in cell S4 the dreaded error-

#VALUE!   is returned.

I suspect this has something to do with
      the formatting of the cell but can't figure it out.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Peter