Yes, more information about your OS and setup would help.

Since this seems not to be a problem many people have seen, you can
also try a couple of things.

One, if you are using plugins, try disabling them and see if the
problem persists.

Two, try creating a fresh profile. Some recent changes have forced me
to redo the profile.

To test the profile, simply go to your profile (e.g., in most/all Linux
versions a folder located in the hidden .conf folder of the home
directory) and rename it. Then start LO, which will create a new,
default configuration folder. If you can close and re-open without the
tip of the day reappearing, then you can either redo your profile from
there or manually copy element from your old profile to identify the
problem. Being able to copy most of the old elements saves redoing the
whole profile (e.g., templates, installing extensions, changes in look
and behavior, etc.)