On 5/16/19 7:12 AM, Robert Großkopf wrote:
Hi Girvin,
However, when I try these parameters in the new report, when I select
"Accumulation" in the Function field, it changes "Data Field" to
"[AccumulationCostReport]" and the Function and Scope fields go blank.
Seems to be the right function. You could see the content of the
function when opening the report-navigator. The function must be
available there. Should look like
[Cost]+[AccumulationCostReport]
... but could be there is a field without content. If you add NULL (not
0) to the function the result will be NULL.

You could send me a database-example with some dummy-data. I would have
a look at it.

The best way to get the whole sum of all values is to create a view for
the content of the report. The sum will be a part of the view, not
created in the report.

Regards

Robert

I finally gave up on this, No matter how I formatted it, I either got nothing, or only the first record's value (the initial value). I made sure all records had the relevant fields non-Null, and checked the data in the report for any blank (Null) values to verify that. I tried moving the sum field to the page footer from the report footer to get a running tally on each page, but I got the same results on all pages - either blank or the initial value. I even had hope in this:

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=45572

But alas, it does the same thing. The odd thing is that my older reports are not consistent. Several use different forms of this summing (user defined and Accumulation functions), yet they all work for their reports. I tried using the same methods to sum in my new report, but none of them worked. Strange. So, I gave up on trying to total the record values.

Thanks for the replies.
Girvin