On 05.02.2019 14:05, Luuk wrote:

On 5-2-2019 02:55, bunk3m wrote:
On 04.02.2019 06:30, Luuk wrote:

On 2-2-2019 21:53, bunk3m wrote:
I have been wondering how to export my Google Map Timeline so I can capture my mileage driven without having to get the kml file for each individual day.

Today I found this add-in for Excel (Don't have Excel anymore :-( ) that runs a VBA script to do exactly what I'm looking for.

https://github.com/Excel-projects/Excel-Timesheet

Is there a way to run this in LO Calc?

PS On digest mode. Please cc me directly on any replies. Thank you in advance.

I did forget to mention that this tool: https://github.com/nerik/google-timeline-to-csv

works with the: "Location History.json"

from: https://takeout.google.com/

Thank you Luuk.  After all my Googling, I never found this project.

I will see if I can figure out how to get this google-timeline-to-cvs to work.  I don't code so this will be a challenge.  I have no idea how to install dependencies after doing a download of this project.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks again.
B.

Install nodejs (see https://nodejs.org/en/)

Download, and install 'google-timeline-to-csv' in a directory.

Now when you do this:

'node index.js'

You might get an error about missing library's.

To install those missing library's type:

'npm install fs path xmldoc json2csv moment'

(npm should be installed together with nodejs)

======

Thanks so far Luuk.

I have installed nodejs10 and npm6 using Macports as I didn't know any other way to get that installed.

It is throwing errors on processing the 'Location History.json' file.

'node index.js ../Takeout/Location\ History/ > ../Takeout/location.csv'

In the location.csv file I find this:

Error: params should include "fields" and/or non-empty "data" array of objects
    at checkParams
(/Users/bunk3m/Downloads/google-timeline-to-csv-master/node_modules/json2csv/lib/json2csv.js:95:11)
    at module.exports
(/Users/bunk3m/Downloads/google-timeline-to-csv-master/node_modules/json2csv/lib/json2csv.js:48:5)
    at pointsToCsv (/Users/bunk3m/Downloads/google-timeline-to-csv-master/index.js:134:3)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/Users/bunk3m/Downloads/google-timeline-to-csv-master/index.js:39:1)
    at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:689:30)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:700:10)
    at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:599:32)
    at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:538:12)
    at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:530:3)
    at Function.Module.runMain (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:742:12)

I'm stuck as I don't understand what the error would refer to. But this is interesting!

Should I be referring to the github project?

Could you give me an idea how to search for such an error?

Thanks.