Thanks for this suggestion.  I'll try it next time I notice the problem (which could be soon since I'm not convinced I've fixed it).

Carl

On 2/4/19 8:09 PM, Girvin Herr wrote:
Carl,

I have experienced this endless auto-recovery on startup problem before. Whenever I got it, I "reset" my user profile and it stopped doing it. Offhand, I don't remember the exact steps to do that, but a search of this forum should turn up the procedure or maybe someone out there who knows it can give it to you. I have developed the process of occasionally saving the good profile in a directory somewhere so I can just copy it back to resolve such a problem and still keep my settings.

HTH.

Girvin Herr