Hi!
Since the old find tool was replaced with the new extremely simplified one
I always have to use the Find & Replace dialogue to actually find what I'm
looking for.

So either the new (I know, it's not THAT new, but at least newer than the
old one…) find tool is useless or I don't understand how to use it,
probably the latter.

So let's do an example:
I have a sheet with a column (F in this case) with values formatted by just
clicking the % button, so it looks like this:
⁝
39,1%
38,8%
38,6%
⁝
(In my country we use a decimal comma, so if you use a decimal point, just
replace all commas with points in your mind…)
These are calculated values, for instance F100=IF(G100="";"";E100/G100)

Now I want to find a cell in the F column that contains the value 36,88. I
can easily do that with the Search & Replace dialogue:
Search: 36,88
Replace:
☐ Current selection only
☐ Regular expressions
☐ Similarity search
☐ Replace backwards
☐ Cell styles
☐ Wildcards
☐ Diacritic-sensitive
Direction: ⦿ Rows ⦾ Columns
Search in: Values

Hitting Find Next immediately finds and selects F109 in this specific case.

Using the overly simplified Find, this doesn't seem to be possible. It
seems like ”Search in formulas” is the default and unchangeable option
here, and how often do I want that? Only when I want to quickly edit
formulas in multiple cells at once, and then I would need the Search &
Replace dialogue anyway, wouldn't I?

So my question seems to end up being: What is the Find tool for? When is it
a better tool than the Search & Replace dialogue?

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg