I'm not sure I follow your logic, but if your source range contains a list
of values that includes nulls, and non-numbers, you need to logically
exclude those from a math statement, or you get the 'VALUE' error (tried to
do math on a non-numeric cell.) ISBLANK, and ISNUMBER are functions that
provide the way around the VALUE.

If you're trying to make a list of values out of a column of values,
investigate CONCATENATE.  The problem with concatenate is that it doesn't
auto-insert separators and whitespace.  You'll either need to include a new
column with ", " in each row and concatenate 2 columns, or have the
appropriate whitespace in each cell.

If you only have a couple cells to concatenate, you can be precise with the
& operator.  that is [="Hello "&"there!"] allows multiple strings in a
single cell, and each string can be cell references or functions with
string or numeric output.  [="I've seen "&A5&", "&G3&" cells today."] is a
nice way to summarize your data in human readable form.

If you're trying to only pick a few values, investigate LOOKUP.  I'm an
excel refugee, (and used Lotus, and 8bit (GEOS) spreadsheets before that.)
LibreOffice version of LOOKUP is.... not very well done, but if you're
patient with it, it gets the job done.  I frequently have to insert dummy
rows containing null cells when I want 'exact match only', and libreoffice
can't deal with 'non-sorted' indexes, and they aren't clearly or obvious
what the sorting pattern should be, so it's best to sort your data within
LibreOffice before you use lookup.  (for lookups, a ==A or not, sometimes
NBSP == space, but sometimes not.  This affects matches, but also sorting..
and sort failures breaks many responses, not just one.  These sorting
issues are constant for a single edition of libreoffice, but seem to change
without any notice on updates.)

On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 7:44 AM Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) <