On 2018/08/09 12:36, Steve Edmonds wrote:

On 09/08/18 15:01, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:
On 2018/07/05 9:40, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:
On 2018/07/05 5:23, Virgil Arrington wrote:
Okay, I've had the cut/copy/paste issue pop up again in LO. It just
happened today. By way of reminder, my configuration is as follows:

Sony Vaio laptop
Linux Mint 18
LO 6.0.3.2

The problem occurs ONLY with Libreoffice, but not with any other software as far as I can tell, using at least three different versions: older version 4..somenthing, intermediate verions 5.2.. and the newest 6.0.5.2. Once the problem pops up, I have to try all sort of things like deliberately saving all open files, repeating the copy+paste procedure several times among different softwares, or, as Mr. Virgil said, close down LibreOffice. Usually Write alone WILL NOT be sufficient. AND .. it does not make any difference whether I use keyboard commands or the mouse.
By now, the situation has developed into a nightmare!
There is nothing wrong with my operation -> it works just fine with other software.
The problem starts mostly when I use memoQ (a CAT tool):
Copy a section in memoQ -> move to Writer -> paste that section.
It may work ONCE - but then never again.
The exact same procedure, except for copying into a text editor or even MS-Word does NOT cause any problems.

What is this with LibreOffice?
Is there really nothing that can be done?
(I do NOT want to use Word and by now I have mostly forgotten how to use it anyway. That would make work very uncomfortable.)

Thank you.
Thomas

Grabbing at straws here, does it make any difference if, when you paste into Writer, you paste special>unformatted text.
steve

No, unfortunately it does not.