On 07/09/2018 09:23 AM, Virgil Arrington wrote:
On 07/08/2018 05:12 PM, James Knott wrote:
On 07/08/2018 04:52 PM, toki wrote:
* /home/ your-user-name /.config/libreoffice/4/user/template/
Found 'em there.  However, that does nothing for the problem of removing
My Templates, so that my templates are not mixed in with a bunch of
supplied templates that I don't use.

I don't understand the trend, not just here, but in other things too, of
breaking things that have worked well and replacing them with things
that are dumbed down or broken.

My Templates was very useful.  How could anyone be so unbelievably
stupid as to think removing it was an "improvement"?

I'm using LO 6.0.3.2 on Linux Mint and I still have "My Templates." It
just takes a couple steps to get there.

If I click on "File" > "Templates" > "Manage Templates", I am met with a
dialog box with templates. The default view on my computer shows all
templates of a given type (Document, Spreadsheet, etc.). In the upper
right corner of the dialog box is a drop down box. It seems to default
to "All Categories," but if I click on the drop down arrow, I can select
"My Templates" and then see only the templates I have created.

So, I think "My Templates" is still there; it just doesn't pop up by
default as I seem to remember it did in the past.

Virgil

Here is my thought. I am starting Libreoffice 6.05.2. No templates. I happen to have a folder containing all of my created templates. Then, I used Manage Templates as you did. That is when I clicked the Import button. First I selected My Templates as the place where I wanted to import them. I browsed to my template "repository" and selected all of the templates I wanted and imported all of them at one time. Like you said, when the selection on the Manage Templates page was All categories, I saw all of the templates: mine as well as all of the others. And as you said, selecting "My Templates" shows only mine.

Here is something that I also discovered that you might also consider. I closed Manage Templates. Then I reopened it. It opened at "My Templates". I have a feeling that whatever choice you use as to what type of templates you want to see is the same thing you will see the next time. I have done this twice with the same result.

I have also create more categories by going to the template folder you mentioned above. I created a subfolder there to contain templates with a similar property. Then I moved them into it. When I opened "Manage Templates" again, the name of that folder appeared in the drop down list. I suppose this is called organization...

Dan