On 06/27/2018 02:03 PM, Brian Barker
      wrote:
At
      12:45 27/06/2018 -0400, Carl Winerich wrote:I have a spreadsheet; Calendar.ods, that
        refers to (or is linked) another spreadsheet; Begin_Here
        (copy).ods. When I try to expand the range of the of Begin_Here
        (copy).ods'#$Sheet1.A1:E75 in Calendar.ods the following message
        appears- You cannot change only part of an array. Editing it by
        using ctrl-/ then F2 works but the same error message appears.
        Here's the complete array found in Calendar.ods;
        ='file:///home/Carl/MyDocuments/Calendar/Begin_Here
        (copy).ods'#$Sheet1.A1:E75 How can I expand the range?Are you simply trying to edit the
reference to A1:E75 in the
      referring spreadsheet (Calendar)? As you correctly identify, in
      order to do this you must first select all of the array range,
      e.g. by using Ctrl+/. Then you can edit the formula either in the
      Input Line or _in situ_ in a member cell of the array range after
      pressing F2. But in each case you will see that the enclosing
      braces - {} - that denote an array formula disappear when you
      attempt either edit. You need to reaffirm that you intend an array
      formula when you complete the edit by using Ctrl+Shift+Enter
      instead of simple Enter - as you must have done to create the
      array formula in the first place.(The green Accept tick is also no
      use here.)As you probably know, you cannot simply add the required braces by
      typing them yourself; you need to use Ctrl+Shift+Enter.I trust this helps.Brian
BarkerBrian,Many thanks for the lengthy answer and solution.  It worked
        perfectly. Regards,Carl W.