On 2018/05/18 1:01, Roy Reese wrote:
Enviar: jueves 17 de mayo de 2018 a las 11:54
De: "Thomas Blasejewicz" <nyuwa@hb.tp1.jp>
My guess is that LibO is using that codepage for the UI, and UTF-8 in
Write.

jonathon
--

For coding in LO, click on Help  About and you will see it.

It says there:
"UI render: default
Locale: ja_JP (ja_JP); Calc: group"

Does that mean, I need to change the locale setting of the computer? Living in Japan and working with a computer running the
Japanese Version of Windows that might not be such a good idea.
I do use an (USA) English UI and changing the locale within Libreoffice (Tools -> Options -> Language settings) to US English apparently has no effect.
Anything else I might try?
Thomas