On 02.05.2018 19:38, Luuk wrote:
On 2-5-2018 19:35, Krunose wrote:
On 02.05.2018 18:56, Luuk wrote:
On 2-5-2018 16:51, Krunose wrote:
Hi,

I just tried to delete all columns but first two in empty spreadsheet
and seams that Delete columns option after selecting empty columns and
right clicking is doing nothing.

Is it possible to have only two columns in Calc and handful of rows
the same way it's possible in Google Sheets?

I'm using LO 5.4.6 on GNU/Linux Debian Stretch.

Kruno

Deleting is not possible,
But hiding is!

There should be no (functional) difference in hiding, or deleting, those
columns....

Well, then Delete columns is misleading and should be grayed out in
such specific situations...

Thanks on the answer,
Kruno

No, it should not be greyed out, because checking if there IS content in
one of those columns takes time...

😢

No, not really. Now row gets deleted no matter if it's empty or not. No warnings or anything. Selecting and deleting hundred rows doesn't matter as everything stays the same and user can't really see the difference.

But selecting all available rows and columns when user expect something like Google Sheets is doing, then Delete rows should be grayed out.

No checking is needed, but one: check if selected from current row/column to the end. If is, gray out Delete rows/columns option.

But I get it - it's not possible to delete rows and columns like that :)

Thanks,
Kruno