When I upgraded/updated a computer's OS - specifically Ubuntu Linux - the problem was the upgrading was that it removed the version of LibreOffice I had installed myself and install the repository's version. This has downgraded LibreOffice from a current version to one that was released 1 or 2 years earlier.

I did a clean install of Ubuntu 18.04 and it had the newest version of LibreOffice in its repository. So it installed 6.0.3.2 on that system.

NOW, it seems that when I dealt with a "release upgrade" from 16.04LTS to 18.04LTS, the process left the 5.4.5 version alone. That would be great if I had a newer version than what it wanted to install. This was the first time the version of LibreOffice was not changed during the upgrade/update process.  That is why I wanted to post this to our LibreOffice User list. Now, we no longer have to reinstall the version we had before the process started.

Yes, I now use LibreOffice 6.0.3.2 on every system that I have upgraded the Linux operating systems. Yes, for those Windows installs, I am upgrading the 5.x.x version[s] to latest 6.0.x version at the time I do the process.

SO, I just wanted our Linux users that at least Ubuntu no longer downgrade the install of LO and install "there repository version".  I would love to see the repositories to keep upgrading the LibreOffice version to the newest ones.