Hi :)
Does this help?
https://help.libreoffice.org/Writer/About_Headers_and_Footers

Regards from
a Tom :)

On Sat, 31 Mar 2018 20:43 anne-ology, <laginnis@gmail.com> wrote:

       Maybe I can help,

          is the document locked?; if so, then you need ro unlock it first,
if not, then ??

          have you gone to the menus for header & footer?, maybe the
changes can be done there?

          have you selected all then attempted to apply new information to
the template?

       Maybe someone else on this list will answer with more help soon,