The idea to put everything into the text box seems to work fine. Thank you very much for your help.
Regards,
gordom

W dniu 28.02.2018 o 08:34, Krunose pisze:

On 28.02.2018 01:00, gordom wrote:
Hello everyone.
My question regards Writer (LO 6.0.1.1., Windows 10).
I'm preparing a software manual. The document is full of print screens and cross references inserted into the text. These cross references link to text frames that overlap the graphics. Is there any way to group these text frames with the graphics laying in their background?

Well I don't think you can group screenshot images with text frame. What you could do is anchor text frame and image the same way so they will act like one object.

Good trick would be to make text frame the same size as image so if image needs to break to another page, text frame will follow.

It would be best that images are anchored within image frame and you just enter text that acts as reference into that frame. Use same set-up as you would do captions on images. Make a frame, apply 'graphic' style to that frame, insert image _into_ that frame and place content from text boxes into that same frame and make that text a reference. This way reference will go where ever image goes.

Will this help?

Kruno