Hi :)
Again, good points.  It is much easier to support people using a system
that you use yourself.  I gave up on using Kubuntu when i no longer had to
support anyone using it.  It is interesting and has tons of nice features
but i just prefer stock Ubuntu for my main use.  If i had to support low
spec machines again i would prolly give Kubuntu a go.
Regards from
a Tom :)