On 25/01/18 08:16, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
Hi!

I find the AltGr behaviour a bit strange in LibreOffice and I wonder why
and if anything can  be done about it.

My environment is maybe a bit odd, but it works in most applications,
LibreOffice one of the few where it doesn't work.

The thing is that I use my own keyboard layout, and I have done that for
maybe ten years or so. The thing about my layout is that I can type
characters with keys like Enter, arrow keys, tab, Home, End etc, if
combined with the AltGr key. For instance, AltGr+Enter types the ↵
character (great for writing user manuals…), Shift+AltGr+Enter ⇨ ¶

This works almost everywhere, but as I said, not in LibreOffice (nor Apache
OpenOffice, I think).

If I hit AltGr and an arrow key, LibreOffice ignores AltGr and just moves
the cursor. I expected, depending on which arrow key, one of ←↑↓→. With
Shift, I expect one of ⬄↹↔⇨, but instead I get the Shift+arrow behaviour,
so once again AltGr is ignored.

If I hit AltGr and one of the number keys when Num Lock is activated,
LibreOffice behaves as if Num Lock is NOT activated, for instance AltGr+7 ⇨
Home. If I do this in most other applications, I get a subscript seven (₇).
And also, when hitting Shift and a number key when Num Lock is activated, I
don't get the expected behaviour. For instance Shift+7 highlights
everything to the left of the cursor instead of typing ⅞.

Here's my numkeys layout:
NumLock / * -
7 8 9 +
4 5 6
1 2 3 Enter
0 ,

Shift:
NumLock ÷ · ⅚
⅞ ⅓ ⅔ ⅙
½ ⅝ ¾
⅛ ¼ ⅜ Enter
± .

AltGr:
NumLock ⅕ ⅗ ₋
₇ ₈ ₉ ₊
₄ ₅ ₆
₁ ₂ ₃ ↵
₀ ⩽

Shift+AltGr:
NumLock ⅖ ⅘ ⁻
⁷ ⁸ ⁹ ⁺
⁴ ⁵ ⁶
¹ ² ³ ¶
⁰ ⩾

My operating system is Manjaro stable (XFCE), but I saw the same behaviour
with Ubuntu.
Is there a special reason why LibreOffice don't just obey to the operating
system's settings? Can I do something about it? Is it worth writing a bug
report?

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg

Do you think that could be because LO treats keycode 100 and keycode  56 (the 2 Alt keys on my board) as the same key. I notice in Tools>Customise>Keyboard no differentiation is offered. I noticed things not right with the alt key (for me) a while back and mapped "Paste unformatted text" to Ctl+k to skip the issue.
steve