The title refers to a WordPerfect function that has existed since, I
believe, the DOS days. I could apply the "redline" font attribute on
text I added to an article, then apply the "strikeout" attribute on text
I didn't want in the article. After that, I could save the article,
save a copy under a new filename, and then run the aptly-named function
on one of the copies to generate a clean copy with my edits.

Does a similar function exist in Writer? It doesn't have to be those
two attributes, but anything that would highlight the "should I stay?"
and "should I go?" parts of the article and then easily generate a
clean copy would be very helpful.

Extra adulation if the markup attributes can be saved to .docx,
which my main publisher uses exclusively.

Thanks!