Hi Brian.

On 20/09/17 23:42, Brian Barker wrote:
At 18:29 19/09/2017 +0000, Gary Collins wrote:
I have an arrangement of frames on a page which i would like to exactly replicate on all successive pages of the document. How do i go about this?

You can do this - by anchoring the frames in a header or footer. Note that the frames themselves do not need to be physically at the top or bottom of the page to achieve this: they can appear anywhere, as long as the anchors are in the header or footer. Unfortunately, this means that the contents of your frames will also be identical on each page - which is clearly not what you want.

Do you know a way of controlling those contrary anchor points. I use the above technique for anchoring banner images to the header and footer. For some reason after inserting into the footer, as soon as I touch the image to position it (at the foot of the page) the anchor jumps into the header.
As an aside i want to use the frames to help arrange a multitude of smallish images which must be aligned in rows and _stay_ that way. I think this *might* be a fairly good way to achieve this but i'm definitely open to better ideas.

I suspect this problem cries out for using a drawing (Draw) document, not a text (Writer) one.
o Set up a single page with your images for that page.
o Select the page in the Pages panel.
o Copy.
o Paste the page - with identical images - as necessary.
o In subsequent pages, select each image in turn and use Insert | Picture... to replace it with the image you need there. The new image will occupy the same space.

I use this technique a lot and have found that the proportions of the replacement image need to match the replaced image or the image is squished.
I trust this helps.

Brian Barker