Yes, Roberto, there are features in LibreOffice - Writer included - that seems complex to me. If you use MS Office's Word, it seems that most of their options and functions are very hard or confusing to me. The may be just me. Of course, I have seen course listings that are dedicated to learning the more complex options/functions within Word and other MS Office packages. One regional college offers [or did] a Master Degree in the use of MS Office. To me that means that most users do not use most of what MS Office has to offer.

On the LibreOffice side of the market, Writer was designed for the "average" Office user. Sure, there are some complex functions added, but to me they are options/functions that the "average" personal and business user wants/needs to use sometime.

I use Writer more often as a Poster and Flier developer than use it to type multi -age text documents. I use to do more text with images documents, but now it seems to be images with some small amount if text involved with adding info based on the image.

Before my strokes, I use to type 10+ pages every day, for both work and pleasure needs. Now my fingers have a heard time typing 4 or 5 letters in a row correctly. I am told that my brain "goes" faster than my nerve damaged fingers [brain and finger damage issues] can type.

So, I can say correctly that I am not one of the "average" users. I use Writer mostly, and some Calc documents. Impress, Base, Draw, and Math, are almost never used for me now. One day, I will need to relearn "frames" like you use in newspapers and magazines breaking the text up to be viewed over multiple pages. I use to know how, after I stopped using Adobe's PageMaker 7 - and Windows as well.

I do hope you have success with your thesis. My last one involved the pros and cons of various networking options - i.e. coax vs. twisted pair cables vs. optical fiber vs. wireless, and the combined use for very large office and manufacturing facility. Mouth-full but after the first 50 to 60 pages it was easier to continue to the 150 page mark wanted by the professor and the one term only creation requirement. At the end of the courses, the 150+ pages per course were combined into one very large document explaining, and adding to, what was taught over the several years of computer networking and related classes. I was really glad that I had a desktop computer to do the work. An older friend had to retype his 1000+ page thesis several times on a portable typewriter.