Google calendar has notifications or can send an email, so you'll know
when to rotate your tires.  ;)

On 04/24/2017 01:13 PM, charles meyer wrote:
My esteemed listmates,

I’m wondering if in Libre Writer or Calc  a user can set up a sound or
pop-up notification of an approaching deadline which sounds or pop-sup when
you power on the PC or while Windows is open even though Word or Excel is
*not* open?

Ex. Due date for auto tire rotation – You don’t have Libre Writer or Calc
open but Windows 7 is open.  A sound  (e.g. .mp3) launches or a box pops-up
alerting you that in one week you need to rotate your tires.

This is just an example so please don’t explore the issue of rotating
tires! :)

I was reading/watching these Excel suggestions (below)  but they don’t seem
 to  answer my questions about alerting sounds or pops-ups  if the program
is not open.

https://excel.tips.net/T003179_Alerts_About_Approaching_Due_Dates.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiDfI4-kngw

Has anyone set these kinds of notification?

Thanks so much.

Charles.