List Ahoy:

This is mostly a low-priority enquiry, rather than one of serious aggrevation.

Gaining access to “Styles & Formatting” via F11, and the alternatives, works as expected in Writer.

But not so in Calc. F11 produces no visible result; alt-O/Y likewise; mouse selection of Format/“Styles and Formatting” is equally inactive.

Is there some control somewhere that I have missed, that blocks access to this function?

The reason for exploring these nether regions: in Calc, the apparent default is to enable Headers and Footers. I have to say “apparently” since I can't bring up the Styles &c window to see what style is being applied.

I want those two additions (header/footer) turned off by default, as they are in Writer, and if I had access to the default Page style control I would change the default page margins also.

Curtains 7 — Version: 4.4.7.2

Build ID: f3153a8b245191196a4b6b9abd1d0da16eead600

Locale: en_GB

The above data was copied from “About — Libreoffice”, and that “en_GB” gives a bit of pause. Everything seems to function as expected for a USA locale, and we certainly never deliberately changed the locale.

Indeed, “Options — Language Settings — Languages” shows:

User interface: Default – English (USA)

Locale setting: English (USA), &c.

There is no apparent deleterious effect, but the appearance of “en_GB” remains an unexplained oddity.

for: Miss Keating