see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode_collation_algorithm
now the problem is "where is the "collation algorithm" of calc ? An algorithm which obviously has to change according to the language.....

Je la 12/03/2017 18:50, Gary Collins skribis :
Thank you, yes it does. I got it to work with Greek iota which is about the least obtrusive.
Strangely (to my mind) some less obtrusive characters with higher unicode *dont* work. Its a bit of
a mystery whats going on, i can only surmise that there is somewhere a table of 'blacklisted'
characters which are not taken into account for sorting purposes. This new (ish) sort order lark
has been a right pain in the proverbials for me, generally speaking. I'll now just scour the table
in the hope of finding something even better but at least there is *something* that'll work

Thanks,
G.