OK, I just rebooted to Win10 to see what is needed for mirrored displays

Are you actually seeing the presentation on the laptop's screen?
If not you need to attach the HDMI cable and then reboot the laptop. This will "force" the "Duplicate the displays" option.

If you are seeing less of the laptop's displayed area, then there may be some issues with the projector resolution is different [less maybe] from what the laptop has. That is another reason that I would reboot the laptop with the HDMI cable.

I know that for a fact of mismatched display resolutions when I was testing my new projector. I have a higher resolution on my laptop that the projector ability to connect to a laptop's HDMI connection, even less if you use the VGA monitor cable port.

SO, shut down the laptop, plug in the HDMI cable, reboot. The go to the Setup's Display section and make sure the "duplicate" option is active.

Hopefully that might help.

I prefer to use Ubuntu 16.04 and tested all of my optional display connections to the projector. Then today I booted to Windows 10 to find out what the options are in Windows to make it work like it does with Linux.

The key was matching both displays to the same display resolution or at least have both displays show the full screen. I have seen that you can have your laptop display the full screen on it and the projector was displaying only part of it. It is all about getting laptop to display the resolution that the projector can fully use.

Mu laptop's default display resolution is 1600x900, but the projector [through the HDMI port] cannot go beyond 1360x768 when connected to my laptop. VGA is 800x600. BUT, connected the DVD/Bluray player will display the full HD resolution[s].

I hope that might help.
I still am a newbie with a projector. I just know what works when I was testing my new projector yesterday evening.