Hi Martin,

I now have two challenges:

a. I'd like to include the outline numbering in the paragraph
numbers, i.e. instead of

3. Some Chapter

1. First 2. Second

I want/need:

3. Some Chapter

3.1. First 3.2. Second

I have tried this one:
Opened a new document.
Written down
Header 1
Header 2a
Header 2b

And set the default styles to this (Header 1, Header 2 - could be it
is alled by another name, but have tried this in German).
Changed all to "Numbering" (F12)
and got this:

1       Header 1
1.1     Header 2a
1.2     Header 2b

You could change all this with Tools > Chapternumbering don't know the
right name ...)

b. At every outline-relevant heading, the numbering should be
reset. Right now it does not, but instead I get this:

[…] 1. First 2. Second

C. A new chapter

3. First 4. Second

Same here:

This is the normal behavior of LO-Writer:

1       Header 1
1.1     Header 2a
1.2     Header 2b
2       Header 2
2.1     Header 2a
2.2     Header 2b

You could change this at Tools > Chapternumbering.

Regards

Robert
- --