In a different thread, I was talking about getting the Resene Paint Color Palette into an .soc palette for LibreOffice. I thanked Rémy Gauthier for the conversion of the rbg(x,x,x) formated color code to the standard HEX format.

With that, I was able to create a usable SOC palette file.

I started with the basic colors - like black, blue, green, etc. - then added the LibreOffice standard colors that I found online. After those named colors, I added the entire Resene palette with their 1382 [?] named colors.

This is the link to the palette file. I have tested it on a Ubuntu MATE 16.04LTS using LibreOffice version 5.2.4.2. It looks fine to me.

http://libreoffice-na.us/holding/resene.soc

To help see all of the colors, I uploaded my favorite color sorted PDF file. The web site stated it was Partition by Luminance and Sorted by the Hue. That and the Hue by Luminance PDF file had the same file name, so I renamed them to show the sorting method that was used.

http://libreoffice-na.us/holding/resene-lh--Partition by luminance--sort by hue.pdf <http://libreoffice-na.us/holding/resene-lh--Partition%20by%20luminance--sort%20by%20hue.pdf>

Here is the link to the page that has the 4 different sorting options, plus the colors sorted by name. I do not like that pdf file, but who know it might be useful some day.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/jaffer/Color/CSDR

So try the Resene palette out on your system. I do not remember where the SOC files go using Windows 10, but Ubuntu has it in the hidden folder of ".config/libreoffice/4/user/config" . If some out there who know how to create the extensions that install the .soc files in their proper folder locations, so the users do not have to know where the .soc files are located on their systems, let me know. Then it would be a better option for a "not-tech" user.

Please let me know - off list is you want - how you like the color palette. I hope to make some specialty ones in the next few months.

Right now, doing this type of "work" is the only way I can contribute to LibreOffice itself, not counting getting local people/businesses/organizations to try LO. I really think there may be a marketing mindset for color palettes created for specific types of user/usage. I know that other drawing packages have the options of choosing color palettes for their needs - like having all of the gold, silver, bronze, etc., metal colors in one palette so the user does not need to go through a large color palette to pick out those colors thy want/need to use. In every palette of colors, the colors with "gold" in their names are all spread all over the color list. Actually, for "gold" related colors, I need to go through several color palette files to collect all the different possible named gold-related colors. Having one palette for these different specific gold related colors, or bronze, or silver, or even ranges of pinks, could help people's choosing the needed color selection[s] in Draw [or Writer, Impress, etc.]. I know it helps me with Inkscape. Since I do not use Draw often, I hope it would help those who do.

NOTE: As I stated in the other thread, all I had to do - to be able to use their color names and their color codes - was add their copyright statement. I did this at the end of the file.