I've run into a couple of issues using conditional formatting and using
conditional formatting with names ranges.

1. I have a range that includes 4 different columns with conditional
formatting. Everything is fine. I insert a row to a a new record in its proper
place in the order, and it ends up adding a number of extra conditional
formats. Some are just the range from beginning to row before, and then row
after to end, but many are single cell entries?  I can generally fix it by using
the manage option, and removing the bad ones, and editing the ranges for
the good one. Would just expect the condititonal formatting to handle row
inserts and just keep the original start and just increase the end by rows
inserted.

2. In a couple of the conditions, I do a vlookup to check if the id is in a table,
and set the color based on if it is or isn't. Used a range name since the list
can change. Recently added some records to the list, and changed the name
range, but the conditional formatting did not pick it up. I had to manually edit
the conditional formatting, and hardcode the absolute address of the range.
Even tried deleting and recreating the range, and it still seemed to use the
old one.

Is there a step I am missing.

Thanks.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes@kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii@gmail.com
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC@HOME CREDITS
ABC         16613838.513356 | EINSTEIN   124037953.788695
ROSETTA     54952261.295224 | SETI        97772491.790659