In my circumstance, I am copying over an old database to a new one and changing the name. Then I add new data to the new database. After that I update the query to access the new data only.

I copy over to a new database as a way to remove old records (data) and keep Base from losing it when it has to many records. No data lost and old data is stored away.

In every case, in Writer, from the menu <Edit><Exchange Database>, I select the new database and select the new query. All fields update appropriately except <new record> which I do manually.

As I understand it, if you are not changing database or fields. You should be able to just update your query to select the records you want.

Hope this helps.