Hi Jurriaan,

Good to see a fellow Dutch guy reporting issues here :)

Jurriaan Nijkerk wrote on 09-10-16 18:23:

I'd like to file serious complaints about Libre Office.

A. The downloads

[...] We don't had any complaint about it until version 5.1.5 It
was'nt possible to download a proper MSI file. We tried different
mirrors, like Nluug.nl, Ut.twente.nl, mirrors.supportex.net and
tu.chemnitz.de . All downloads were corrupted.

We tried this with machines from two private networks, about  6 laptops
and 4 workstations. With Vista 32 , win7 32 and 64, with win10 32 and 64.

After this we tried 5.2.2 with the same result.: statements like "this
is not a valid msi file", corrut installation file  or an halfway cut
off installationprocedure. We tried to upgrade five times since the
release of 5.2.2 on juli 28.

That's rather odd.
I don't download msi packaged for windows that often, but mostly is does
work.
And I know others in the Netherlands doing the same (firms too).
It was reported once or twice on the Dutch users list too, but people
could resolve it by choosing a different mirror.

So that looks as a rather unpleasant situation or coincidence or ..
I just now downloaded 5.2.2.2 from

http://nl.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fris/?type=win-x86_64&version=5.2&lang=nl
No problem. The installation runs fine.
( I can put it in filetransfer if that helps, but .. ;) )

We asked for help, the aswers came: Something like "you don't have the
appropiate drivers or maybe an update of Win10 or bullshit like that.

So  we installed version 5.1.4.2 again, a version  without those
kindergartenbugs.

We're not the only people who experienced the bug, there are more who
have encountered this one.

Indeed. However it looks more as a network/infra problem to me, then a
LibreOffice code issue, don't you think?

B.
The community login.
I tried again to log in on the Q and A site of the community. And then,
the captcha widget didn't work. The program told us to use an updated
browser. Very intelligent, maybe someone can tell me where to get a
newer version of Firefox 49.0.1 ?

So I can't ask you to file a bug about that :p
You mean ask.libreoffice.org ?
Asking on irc if that is know.

My question is: How about quality control? Because if all stays the same
we, and without any doubt a lot other users, will look for an alternative.

Well, the import thing is what you do right now: report issues. And
apart from that, many people help in testing too, and of course coding,
site management.
If you're a really large spot, you may consider getting professional
support for fixing bug too. There are various opportunities for that in
the wider community.

Imho, it would  be a shame if this doesn't change. There's a lot of
volontary work done, done by the people of the community, wich will go
through the drain. I would call this respectless...

There is a lot of attention for QA, automated tests, finding regressions.
If you're interested to read, look at e.g. minutes of the Engineering
Steering Committee:
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice-qa/2016-October/009812.html
And good suggestions (detailed reports with enough infor to fix, ..) are
always welcome, but be aware that in opensource it now and then happens
that one is suggested to work on your own ideas ;)

Cheers - Cor

--
Cor Nouws
- vrijwilliger http://nl.libreoffice.org