On 10/04/2016 07:20 PM, James Knott wrote:
On 10/04/2016 10:06 PM, V Stuart Foote wrote:
James Knott wrote
Neither of them currently uses soffice.  LibreOffice uses libreoffice
and OpenOffice uses openoffice4.
Sorry, Dave is correct.

Those actually are names of the AppData folders holding the user profile,
both programs on Windows builds use a mixed--soffice.exe launcher and
soffice.bin runtime.

And yes they conflict when both are fully installed/configured in Windows
registry--HKCU and HKLM/Software and especially if an instance of one or the
other is running an soffice.bin process of its QuickStarter.

Well, the KDE menu uses those commands, rather than soffice and they
also work at the command line.  If I use soffice, I get LibreOffice.
/usr/bin/libreoffice is a symlink to /lib64/libreoffice/program/soffice,
but /usr/bin/openoffice4 is a binary.

James,

Maybe not.  Have you looked at your /usr/bin/openoffice4 ?

On my Slackware system, I have a /usr/bin/openoffice4 file and it is a shell script which invokes /opt/openoffice4/program/soffice with "$0" as an argument.

Shell scripts are marked executable, but they are not a binary. You can read them as plain text.

Girvin Herr