Hi Henry and all:

I think that style «Automatic (Human)» is the most basic style (default
for LO), and doesn't have much particular characteristic as have the
other styles.

Regards,

Jorge Rodríguez

El dom, 28-08-2016 a las 19:58 +0200, M Henri Day escribió:
        Hi:

        As I understand, it depends of the Theme and Icon Style that
        you have
        installed in your LO:

        Menu-> Tools-> Options-> View-> User Interface-> Theme and
        Icon Style

        For example:

        In my Ubuntu 16.04 LTS->LibreOffice 5.1.4.2-> Style Oxygen->
        Icon is a
        Diskete with Asterisk white with Border green.

        In my Ubuntu 16.04 LTS->LibreOffice 5.1.4.2-> Style Galaxy->
        Icon is a
        Diskete with a little Asterisk white with Border orange.

        In my Ubuntu 16.04 LTS->LibreOffice 5.1.4.2-> Style Human->
        Icon is a
        Hard Disk with an arrow pointing down but when something is
        changed in
        the spreadsheet, it turns to Diskete with Asterisk white with
        Border
        green. Then, after save, it change again to Hard Disk.

        I hope this help,

        Regards,

        Jorge Rodríguez

        El sáb, 27-08-2016 a las 15:00 -0400, Virgil Arrington
        escribió:

        > On 8/27/2016 1:50 PM, M Henri Day wrote:
        > > Om my 64-bit Linux Mint 18 system with the Cinnamon
        desktop, when
        > > running LO Version: 5.2.1.1, I don't observe any changes
        to the save
        > > button after a document has been saved.​ ​But perhaps I'm
        looking in
        > > the wrong place ?... Henri
        >
        > I wonder how much of this is the result of the operating
        system. On my
        > Windows 10 system with LO 5.1.4.2, I get a white star on a
        green circle
        > green starburst on the save button, which is an icon of an
        old floppy
        > disk on my toolbar. So, I've seen three different results as
        follows:

        > Windows 10, LO 5.1.4.2 -- White star on green circle on the
        floppy disk
        > save icon
        > Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, Unity Desktop, LO 5.1.5.2 -- A small red
        dot on the
        > floppy disk save icon (the Unity floppy disk icon is more of
        a line
        > drawing than a full color icon)
        > Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, Gnome Desktop, LO 5.1.5.2 -- A yellow
        starburst on the
        > floppy disk save icon
        >
        > Regardless of my system setup, I'm getting a distinguishing
        mark on a
        > file once I've changed it from the version previously saved.
        >
        > Virgil

​Jorge, on the machine I described above, running the 5.2.1.1 version
of LO, with the icon style chosen to be «Automatic (Human)», the
«Save» icon in, e g, Writer, appears as a sheet of paper with a
downward arrow to the right and does not change its appearance no
matter whether the document open is modified or saved...,

Henri

--
Atentamente,

Jorge Rodríguez