On 08/07/2016 03:03 AM, Piet van Oostrum wrote:
Girvin Herr wrote:

  > Greetings,
  >
  > I keep running into a brick wall with this and I shouldn't be.  I
  > searched high and low for a place to download the LibreOffice.org gpg
  > Public Key file to no avail.  My searches of past threads regarding the
  > subject were not successful.  Since the download files on the LO website
  > have the gpg check files (.asc), I must assume the Public Key resides
  > somewhere and it should be easy to find, not kept secret.  In fact, the
  > location should be advertised along with the files to download or in a
  > relevant and prominent web page location.  I need it to verify the files
  > I download are not corrupt or insecure.  Does any one here know where I
  > can get the LO.o gpg Public Key?

Just do a gpg --verify on the .asc file and it gives you the key ID:

LibreOffice $ gpg2 --verify LibreOffice_5.2.0_MacOS_x86-64.dmg.asc
gpg: assuming signed data in 'LibreOffice_5.2.0_MacOS_x86-64.dmg'
gpg: Signature made Fri 29 Jul 08:21:07 2016 CEST using RSA key ID F434A1EFAFEEAEA3
gpg: Good signature from "LibreOffice Build Team (CODE SIGNING KEY) <build@documentfoundation.org>"
[unknown]

Then you can fetch the key from one of the key servers, if you want. It's not really necessary.

Of course this doesn't guarantee that the key really belongs to the LO Development team.
But the fact that the signature is downloaded from the LO site should be enough guarantee.

Piet,

I tried this and got:

502:$gpg2 --verify libreoffice-translations-5.0.6.3.tar.xz.asc
gpg: Signature made Wed 04 May 2016 03:22:04 PM PDT using RSA key ID AFEEAEA3

This is what I have been getting each time I try to check the LO files. "...No public key" is my problem. I need the public key to import to my gpg to complete the check. I tried the:

504:$gpg --keyserver  hkp://subkeys.pgp.net  --search-keys libreoffice.org
gpg: searching for "libreoffice.org" from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
gpg: keyserver timed out
gpg: keyserver search failed: keyserver error

I just tried it again using documentfoundation.org but got the same timeout result.

I need to find the libreoffice.org public key to unlock the check process.

Thanks.
Girvin Herr